Tuesday, June 30, 2009

balloon animal fail...

Today I took my boys to see the dentist. It went smoothly to my suprise. Jacob was somehow talked into an x-ray, a tooth cleaning and an exam. Eddie was "restrained" and the dentist got a quick look into his mouth. Mission accomplished.

Here is a picture of the balloon toy Jacob and Eddie were given at the end of their appointment. I think the hygenist called it a "rattlesnake". As we gathered our crap to leave the waiting room, I turned the balloon over and around a few times trying to see the snake correctly. I didn't get it! It frankly looked a little vulgar. I'm not implying it looked like anything specific, it just looked "wrong" and not much like a rattlesnake. That's all I'm gonna say. I shrugged and handed it back to Jakie, who was apparently a little confused as well. He said this immediately (direct quote...no fooling)!

"What this balloon supposed to be?.....A monkey butt?"

I cracked up. We have been to the zoo in the past month and Jacob was obviously paying more attention to animal anatomy than I realized.


Still laughing, I explained, "Buddy...I think that is supposed to be a snake".

Jacob..."No, it's not a snake...it's a monkey butt. Watch this!" He then held the balloon behind him and started making loud monkey noises and jumping around, grinning fiercly. Of course, we were still in the waiting room.

Just when I thought I could stop crying and keep it together, I got the boys into the car, and Jacob set his balloon down saying "Thanks Mom! That is a really, really fun monkey butt!" Has anyone, in the history of humans populating the earth, ever heard that sentance besides me?
PS: Don't judge me, I only took the pictures.

2 comments:

Rass said...

I am laughing again . . . just when I thought it wasn't possible.

Island mama said...

Ok, I just blew milk out of my nose, laughing so hard! That is hilarious! Monkey butt!!! I'll be sure to distract my kids next time we pass by the monkey exhibit at the zoo.