Thursday, March 11, 2010

this one kills me


I don't want to forget this funny stuff Eddie has been saying, so I am writing them here! This post is mostly for me, so I can laugh about what a cute son I have the next time he pushes me to the edge of insanity, and I admit to Dave that I want to be placed in a pharmacologically induced coma until Edison is in Kindergarton. Sorry if these are only funny because I'm his Mom, deal with it.

Crying in protest while I rinsed the soap out of his hair in the bath tub...
"I'm a good guy Mom! I'm one of da good guys!"

Responding to me asking if he wants to go to a friends house to play...
"No, I too busy!"

Trying to get out of Family Home Evening...
"No thanks!" When that didn't work, "Dad, I...DONT...LIKE...THAT!!!"
Really? Already?

Not wanting Saren to mess up his and Jacob's blanket tent...
"It's too dangerous Mom. You better get baby out of here!"

While I was literally in the process of wiping his bum...
"You da best mommy in da whole wide world!"

After hearing me sneeze...
"You sick! You need to go to the doctor. Let's get in the car. Follow me!"

(Facebook repeat) After a long pause deciding what he wanted for lunch...
"I know! How bout Asian food?"

And, every time Eddie asks me to lay down with him while he goes to sleep, he always says...
"You need your iPod, go get it Mom."

And, finally...while I was writing this post, Eddie's subtle way of asking for a snack...
"Oranges! Where are you? Mom! I said 'Oranges where are you?'"

Even with all his cuteness, the best thing out of his mouth lately is that he finally says "I love you" back to me and Dave. With Eddie hugs, kisses and sweet words used to be so few and far between, that we are just taking it all in, even the arguing.

4 comments:

Island mama said...

Love it!

Lynette said...

He is one funny kid! Love him!!

Ginger Bower said...

So Cute, we need a special book to write down all of the funny things kids say.

Unknown said...

He's a cutey. I think the challenging ones are also the sweetest sometime. Noel, who can be the devil, has become the cuddliest kid we have.