Wednesday, May 26, 2010

it's finally over...


I usually post about my children on this blog. But let's face it, I'm no boring house wife. Sometimes I get excited about TV too.

It's that time of year when with some saddness and a mostly relief, television seasons start ending. Parenthood, I will miss so much! 24, I'm already done and I have yet to push through the last 4 hours! Glee, wish there was more! Pretty much everything else, I'm glad I can get my life back.

Enough has been said about the "Lost" finale. I don't want to go there. But tonight I watched the finale of "The Biggest Loser", and I've got some things to get off my chest. I use the term "watched" loosely, because when you fast forward through all the meaningless blah blah blah it was a 35 minute commitment TOPS!


First of all, WHO KNEW that along with all that weight...Mike was also losing every shred of his masculenity. He was gayer than Perez Hilton in a day spa during the finale! And what was up with that HUGE, diamond encrusted belt buckle? A little vulgar if you ask me. And his tight pants? And his see-through black V-neck shirt? And the chains? Oh, Michael....I never thought I would miss your crazy white-mans affro and your attempts to sound like some cool, fat gangster. But I do. Oh yeah, and Congratulations!


And Shay...54 pounds! Really? I mean, I'm sure you have worked your butt off and you are very beautiful and a nice person but...54 pounds? For $1000.00 a pound, I could lose 54 pounds. I'm disappointed.

On to Daris. Yes, he is a cutie. Yes, I'm glad he has a girlfriend and he looked so good. Blah blah blah. However, it was soooooo AWKWARD when Allie was asking for an update on his love life. I couldn't even look at the TV. Really. It was as if he hadn't spent the entire season saying how he had NEVER had a girlfriend on nearly every episode. "And Daris, I heard there has been some changes in your love life recently. Do you care to tell us about that?". Long, goofy, awkward pause.... "Yes Allie, I finally found my genitals!". OK, he didn't say that. But that would have been only slightly more painful to hear. Leave the poor kid alone Sami Brady!

Ali reluctantly let Melissa come onto the Stage where she proceeded to yell at everyone. She was super skinny and likes to flex a lot these days. She is still scary so that hasn't changed.

And, I have to say it.....WHHHHAAAAATTTTT? WHHHHAAAAATTTTT? That's right! That's right! I'm wearing salmon colored, skinny slacks. WHHHHAAAAATTTT?

Oh Koli! You looked so skinny, but who dressed you? Obviously the same person who dressed your cousin Sam in a CAP sleeve! Come on! What have you done today? I'm not proud.

But, I have to congratulate everyone! Honestly! Those people are amazing (mostly). Everyone (except a few slackers...OK Migdalia) looked so good! Sunshine, Kenny Rogers, Marilyn Monroe's Grandma, everyone! They were all amazing!

And finally, Jillian's new show..."All about Jillian" or whatever it is called. I think we get the picture, NBC...you would like us to watch. But I'm not sure how much more Jillian I can take. I can only watch so much of her yelling, her lectures, her break through-moments, her cramming Jennie-O Turkey down people throats and her incessant eyebrow raising. And now, being fat is apparently not dysfunctional enough...from the looks of the ads it seems the contestants on Jillian's show also have to be hoarders or have Munchausen Syndrome, or some other psychological problem. I don't think I will tune in for all that stress.

As far as "The Biggest Loser" is concerned, I'm sure I will tune in for season 10!

5 comments:

Rass said...

You have said it all. I KNEW Michael was gay from day one - He just radiated a certain quality. I haven't even watched it yet, but I can't wait to see the skinny jeans and cap sleeves.

Unknown said...

It was like you were watching this with Amy and I last night. We laughed so hard at the salmon skinny jeans. They seemed like something that someone we know who's name rhymes with Shmyan might wear.

Why isn't there a stylist to help those people? Just because you have lost weight, and sometimes A LOT of weight, it doesn't mean that suddenly you should wear REALLY REALLY tight clothes. It makes me uncomfortable.

The belt buckle was awful. The cap sleeves were awful. We get it - you have big arms now. So wear a polo. Not a cap-sleeve baby doll shirt with a tie. And there were a lot of awful dresses. Does everyone have to wear a tube-top micro-mini? If you weigh 282 pounds, even if you previously weighed 350 pounds, does not mean you are tube-top micro-mini ready.

Poor Shay. I wish she wishes Subway and Jared Fogel would just leave her alone so she can get back to eating the occasional oreao.

Randi said...

Sherry looked liked someone was holding a vacuum to the back of her head. All in all, I can say it was about 2 hours and 45 minutes too long and boring.

Brandi and Shawn said...

My favorite moment is when Michael walked out and Shawn said "does he have camel toe, that guy is gay". I was waiting for him to present that rose to some guy in the audience. But I will still be watching next season. It is like a train wreck...I have to see who falls off the treadmill next.

Island mama said...

Ok all I can say is thanks for ruining it for me! I missed the finale and haven't had time to hit the dvr. Been telling everyone not to tell me and even did the fingers in the ears humming. Dang!