Friday, June 13, 2008

happy summer


This is a picture of the dishes I let stack up over the beginning of the week! Notice how intricately the stacking became the longer I put off cleaning. It took a few days of neglecting chores, but, hey, at least I was putting them in the sink. All this because unloading the dishwasher just didn't sound fun. And before I could load these in the dishwasher (what is hand washing and how do you even do it?), I had to take a picture to document my crappy home making.

And because I still don't feel like cleaning, I would rather blog about the non cleaning than actually start to work. Both my little maniacs are sleeping, and this just seemed like a better use of my free time. Jacob and Eddie are only wanting to be outside now - especially with the addition of the Gagon's old powerwheels to our arsenal of outside toys! So the yard gets more attention than the house these days, because that's where the boys are, and by default, me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a rule - don't do anything while the kids are asleep that you can do when they are awake. And can't you do the dishes while the kids are awake? If you tried to do the dishes, the noises might even wake them. That is certainly not worth it. I think blogging is a much better use of time.

And why is unloading the dishwasher my most loathed housecleaning chore? Next to sweeping. I would rather set rat traps in the crawl space than sweep the kitchen.

Shauntel said...

Is it ok that my dishes look like that in the winter and spring and summer and fall? Really there is always something better to do than clean even if it is blogging!

Lori said...

Love the photo! I happen to have those same white dishes & plastic cups in bowls in my kitchen sink. I'm not even out having fun in my yard, as there still is no yard. Hooray for housekeeping.

bids2calvin said...

Just to give you a little hope for the future. I have two dishwasher unloaders named Talia and Calvin. When they are not available that job by default goes to Aaron. I have not unloaded for months. I dislike putting away dishes almost as much as putting away laundry. Now I make my kids do both. Yeah me!