Tuesday, September 8, 2009

it's ladies night - oh what a night....

I went on a girl's weekend. Woo-hoo! Where else can you share dirty jokes with the women in the Primary Presidency? I'm kidding...there were only few dirty jokes (thanks to Laurie), but mostly lots of eating, shopping and cracking up at stuff no one else would think is funny.


Without revealing too much, these are some things I learned.

1) Debra may possibly be the next "Octomom"
2) An enchilada is exacty the same as a quesadilla, just ask "Topher".
3) Not all prophecys made in the shower come true.
4) No one has any excuse to pee on a bobsled run.
5) As much as we all want to get away, we love to talk about our kids.
6) Never call anyone, right after church on Sunday.
7) Front porch stick witches were sooooo 2008.
8) Pink hair extensions make you pass for much younger.
9) I'm really short.

It was a lot of fun and it is nice to get a little break sometimes. I love hanging out with my girlfriends! And just so I didn't feel too relaxed - my vomiting family was waiting for me at home along with a ready to assemble swingset for my labor day enjoyment.

7 comments:

Kamie said...

Thanks for the fun weekend and the cute post :)

Rass said...

Ohhhhh you are a laugh maker! Maybe I should have Erik tell Dave about the Sunday after church thing so he can start expecting it.

tookiecramer said...

Kelly, at first I read your comment and thought, why would Dave care if Erik was unavailable after church? But then I realized you meant Erik would tell Dave so that Dave could start expecting "it". You are funny. I'm slow....but I catch on eventually.

Emerson Family said...

You are just jealous of my pink hair!!! It was a blast and I love hanging out with everyone. I feel like we are soooo close, more ways than one!

Rass said...

Why does Jill always have to taint it?

tookiecramer said...

Because that's what Jill does. Jill and Laurie.

Emily said...

Melissa, since we've met and kind of know each other, I totally have the RIGHT to read your blog!!! :) Anywho, I am peeing my pants laughing at your posts. You kill me. The burnt turkey made me laugh out loud husterically. It's kind of wrong, but funny!! Hope you don't think I'm psycho....