Tuesday, November 3, 2009

halloween wrap up


Halloween is over! Yeah! It is one of my favorite times of year...but seriously...how many parties are possible to squeeze into three days? Seven....yep. That was difficult what with all the peeing going on in Eddie's costume. But we survived. The kids had lots of fun and that is all that really matters. Dave and I had a great time at a party with friends. We dressed up as a "Biggest Loser" contestant and Jillan. Really, I just wanted an excuse to dress like a hoochie. No muscles...I know. It was a little bit of a stretch. My eyebrows were clearly lacking as well.

Why the wig? Well wigs are just funny. You can't help but laugh to see someone you love in a ridiculous wig. It's humor on the basest of levels...like seeing someone get hit in the yoo-hoo's or trip violently down the stairs. Good memories.


And speaking of violence...my boys dressed up as "Army Guys" this year. They were very cute in uniforms made by Grandma B. Jacob was especially proud, and for the week leading up to Halloween night, he would do anything I asked it I pretended to be his commanding officer. "Do not dishcarge that firarm in the vicinity of the sleeping baby cadet! Move it upstairs doubletime soldier and pick up your blocks in an orderly fashion!" and "Keep your sandwich in the mess hall or I will send you to the General for latrine duty so fast it will make your head spin!". You get the idea. He would salute me and do his best not to smile. Even with the perks, I'm glad it's over...I had used all my good stuff up by Thursday.
It was an unfortunate serious of bad timing and bad moods that led me to not really get a good picture of Eddie this year...but these paint an accurate picture of the holiday. The highlight was teaching Edison to say "trick or treat" which Eddie translated into "freakin' treat!" I loved that.

Here he is eating a 1 pound can of cashews....a choice I would come to regret at least 6 times the next day.
And Saren was an adorable little flower/fairy/elf/Anne Geddes model (I'm not sure exactly which), but thanks to Lori for the cute costume. She said her first word on Friday night... "Candy" as clear as day and I think Halloween should get the credit.

And who can forget these guys...they're back!!! Some genius on the city council decided not to wrap their legs around the trees on main street this year (no doubt thanks to my hard hitting, expose on the "downtown humpers" from last year)... http://tookiecramer.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html
I think this use was much less creepy.
Happy Halloween everybody...bring on Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Heaps Crew said...

Melissa, I am laughing so hard I am crying! You are hilarious, as are your costumes, and your army talk. What cute little trick-or-freakin' treaters you have.

tookiecramer said...

Diane...when my slow email was downloading your comment, I was also getting an iTunes email about Carrie Underwood's new single. For a minute I thought Carrie Underwood had commented on my blog. I was only a little sad to find out it was from you. :)

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Carrie would love this post, you can be sure. Jacob is one accessorized little army dude. I hope the kids got plenty o' freakin' treats.

Good thing some genius decided not to wrap "creepy guy's" legs around a tree this year, so that you could willfully wrap your legs around him. You enjoyed that didn't you?

Scrummis my word verification word. Like it!

charlotte said...

Ahhhh, you're kids are so gorgeous, and so are you! "Biggest Looser" my butt! I hope you were supposed to be Jillian.