Tuesday, November 24, 2009

finally final!

Today we finalized Saren's adoption! What we have known to be right and true and perfect for 10 months and 23 days is now right and true and perfect in the Seventh District Court! It is a special thing to hear what it means to be someone's parent and swear an oath in court to fulfill those obligations. Every parent should get this opportunity...to tell the world that you are and will always be responsible for and available to your child, in every way necessary and in every respect is a very sweet thing.

We will always be grateful to Bill Heder, our awesome Attorney, who has led us through many an adoption crag and mire without breaking a sweat and with total reassurance and confidence. He is worth every penny!
And to Judge Douglass B. Thomas, who after pronouncing Saren's adoption as final, pulled a little, stuffed "Wilbur" out from behind his bench and said affectionately..."This is for you baby!". What a sweet public servant.
And, today, I can't help but love, even a little more, our birth parents, who made this all possible. I know, in my heart, that God will most certainly reward them richly someday as I could never adequately express what it is they have meant to our family.
And, of course, I thank my Heavenly Father, who brought everyone together...and made a family where there was once just David and myself and a lot of hope. We are so grateful!

13 comments:

bids2calvin said...

Hooray! (and a few tears)

Rass said...

You have the luckiest kids in the world! Congratulations!

Stirling's said...

Congratulations! Your family is the cutest in the world!

Lynette said...

How wonderful!! Congratulations! Can't wait for Thursday and especially for Saturday!

omyhana said...

Congrats! I can't think of a more deserving Mom. You are a great example to me.

Island mama said...

I've been waiting and waiting for this post! Tears flowing now! What a perfect family you have made. I'm just so thankful I was able to be a small part in it. I love and admire you both for your courage and strength. My heart aches for the challenges you've had to face but you've come through with a beautiful family.

Lindsey said...

This was so sweet, congrats. And thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to have my sweet babies :)

Heaps Crew said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful family. Congratulations.

spyderette said...

congrats! what nice timing for thanksgiving!

Lori said...

Ah! I have chills:) You're family is amazing. We love you guys.

Beaner said...

I am so happy for your family. I still remember the day when you told us about Jacob. You guys amaze me!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Congratulations- and I totally agree that it is an incredible experience to go through. That and the temple- words cannot express.

Lori said...

Eleanor is with me right now, looking at the screen saying "Seh-nin, Seh-nin." We all love you & cannot think of a more perfect way to have spent last Saturday.