Thursday, November 5, 2009

visions of sugarplums

Last night, I had so many laughs while the boys carefully searched through a Walmart Christmas toy ad. When Jacob turned a page to reveal a load of Star Wars paraphernalia, Eddie was so excited...all he could come up with was "Oh....Come on! Come on guys!". Other things Eddie repeated over and over were "Hmmmm...yet's see", "You gotta see dis!" and "What you yike Mom?". Jacob was torn between a hot wheel race track and a dinosaur tower....but he woke me up this morning for help writing a note to Santa, so he must have made his decision.

The biggest crack up was when Eddie pointed to this picture.

Eddie -"What that?"
Me - "It's a gorilla!"
Eddie - "No, that's a boy-rilla"

So funny. He went to bed with his little book and Jacob asked me for it first thing this morning.

This Christmas is going to be so much fun! I remember wanting to be a mom so much and how this time of year just doesn't have the same magic without kids. I'm so thankful for these little sweeties.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Lol, this is exactly what we did last night while they sat at the table eating cereal (instead of the dinner I made). I have the hardest time not going overboard at Christmas, Jake and I look forward to Christmas Eve playing Santa more than anything else all year. So lucky. Oh, and your verification word was "crudd" lol.

Lori said...

Adorable! I agree w/ you- I'm way more excited about Christmas this year than ever.
your kids are ADORABLE!

Lori said...

I love Eddie!

charlotte said...

So cute and funny! You're kids are awesome, the boys sound a lot like my Simon. He says the phrase "oh, come on!" quite a bit. He has a husky deep voice which makes it even funnier.

Stirling's said...

That is so cute! I miss my kids being little (for just a minute) reading your post!