Thursday, December 17, 2009

what we've been up to...

Me....I've been making these while fighting an ugly, epic, holy war with a not-to-be-named neighbor about who has the rights to "pretzel sticks" in our neighborhood gift exchange. Kelly, these are all yours for 2010 and the rest of eternity. I never want to "make" a pretzel stick again and I think yours were prettier anyway. I should never have tried to dethrone the queen (notice the inferred apology tainted with a subtle diss by not capitalizing "the Queen"). It's been fun. But next year, it's that crappy chex mix with powdered sugar. Anyone want to fight me for that?


Dave...wasting time on facebook. Just kidding honey...he has been doing lots of online shopping. Some of it even for other people, apparently. I am under strict orders to not look at e-mails from Amazon.


Jacob...begging for time on Dad's iPod...


and being cute in his Preschool Christmas program.

Edison....being naughty, being ornery, being funny (in that order) and playing with every item in the house that is not a toy, like the kitchen fausett.


Who me?


Saren....teething (she finally broke through one of those mean top front teeth)


...acting like a big kid. This girl is a toy junkie. It kills me to watch her follow the boys around the house and play like them.

And, most imortantly...eating like a human. Saren is nearly one, so I am officially letting her have all that stuff babies can't have and want so desperately. She is finally getting her hands on ....peanut butter, honey, chocolate, eggs, citrus and nuts (not all in the same meal) and she is pretty amped about it.

2 comments:

Rass said...

I DEMAND that you take this post down. I just want you to know that my pretzels suck and I am not doing them anymore- they are yours for eternity.

I also want you to know that I am kind of scared of you now. You're like a mobster or something.

Lynette said...

I think both you and Kelly should submit a significantly sized sample of your pretzels and I will judge them and declare who is actually the "queen' of the pretzels this year and give them the rights to all future years!