Thursday, July 10, 2008

jc penney catalog

I just had to give a shout out to my sister, Lori and her cute little family of models. It has been a running joke in our family that all pictures containing Lori and her children and husband (who we affectionately nicknamed Don Henley) look like they came straight out of a catalog. Thankfully, I have watched ANTM so I know the difference between editorial, high fashion, runway, commercial and catalog modeling, and it is obvious that Lori and her husband and kids were destined for JC Penney catalog stardom. Take one look at this picture I snapped with no direction or arranging of children. Her kids just put down their sparklers, ran in front of the camera and posed themselves resulting in this on the first shot.


What the...? I'm sorry but it is uncanny. The smiles, the eyes on the camera, the tilting of the heads toward each other. And you can see the older the Dillons get, the more skilled they become. Even baby Ella who is six months old has inherited the photogenic gene and model demeanor chromosome. Granted she could have been smiling a little more but I think she was just smiling with her eyes, which is really a more advanced way of smiling, as Tyra has demonstrated many times. She looks fierce!

Just to compare and constrast, I threw in a photo that was snapped of my kids, taken in much the same way. Only this one was with much arranging, prompting and coersion. I think Jacob looks especially cooperative.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAH! Have you seen pictures of my children? Jonah often looks like a retarded Romanian orphan, if he will look at the camera at all. Noel is a little better. Now they are both into making funny faces so that they can see themselves afterward on the digital camera. Kids these days - not having to wait for film to develop. In my day...

Lori said...

And to think...I have always aspired to be a JCPenney model! Why have they never discovered us when we've shopped there? Funny sis!

tookiecramer said...

Maybe you should try dressing sluttier. It's worth a try.

omyhana said...

Melissa, I bought you and David a special present it had your name written all over it so next time you are coming up give me notice so I make sure I bring it to you!
Liz