Friday, December 26, 2008

my jacob

Being away from Jacob on his birthday couldn't possibly make me miss him more than I already do...but it probably has made me more nostalgic. This is a little tribute to some of the things I love about my now 4 year old!


A big brother who loves...

And is loved in return...


A little man...

In a tiny body...



Who has had "nap hair" since infancy.



A Daddy's boy...
who looks like his birth mom...


made a mommy out of me...

and made us so happy...



A junk food lover...


with the most beautiful eyes....



the cutest smile...

and the coolest hair ever!

A quiet observer...


Who takes everything in... except meals.


A relisher of ice cream...

A little performer...


A ladies man...


And future heart breaker!

A mess maker...

and adventurer...


who gets a little nervous around new things...

but eventually works up his courage.

A good traveller...


who is learning to be independent.



A preschooler...

An athlete...

And future daredevil...


The happiest boy with the best disposition...


who worries a little at night...

Our little cookie monster...


with a striking resemblance to a troll doll...


A boy who loves his cousins...

And loves gagee too...


Handsome enough to be a model...


Cool enough to be a dude...


And the best Christmas blessing ever who I couldn't possibly love more.






7 comments:

Lori said...

Where is he? He is so ADORABLE!!! I think I just might steal the name just b/c I think he's so stinkin' cute:)

tookiecramer said...

Jacob is home with his Daddy. I'm in California waiting for his little sister to be born. It's hard to be away but there couldn't we couldn't have a better reason to be apart temporarily.

Lindsey said...

Happy Bithday x 2! Congrats on the baby, that is so exciting! I can't believe I have had my kids (a little faster than I planned :) and that you have adopted yours on practically the same schedule, you are so blessed! Can't wait to see pics of the little girl, they are so precious... Good luck!

Richard said...

Cute. I love the 'courage' picture. It made me laugh.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That's really exciting. Hope it all goes well!

Unknown said...

Loved you tribute. It made me laugh and cry! We love our little Jacob so much. You and Dave have a beautiful family that has been such an adventure to get together. You are so crazy and courageous. Can't wait until you are home and all together again with baby sister and your beautiful boys. I am wishing a very calm and uneventful 2009 for the David and Melissa Nelson family.
Lots of love,
Mom

Emerson Family said...

That was way to cute! Happy Birthday Jacob. I'm glad DJ has you as a friend and that Zaydree will have you as a Mate! Hope to see you soon. Hope all is well!