Friday, November 5, 2010

the big bad world...

This week Jacob had an incident at school where he was "choked". I did the whole Mom-freak-out thing for a minute, but I could see that Jacob was OK and that he and the boy who he had been fighting with friendly with each other, so I tried not to worry too much. Jacob told me the boy who had choked him had gone to the Principal's office. Jacob also explained that he had been given a "golden ticket". When I asked him what the golden ticket was for he said, "I don't know, for being brave I think".

I knew Dave would do plenty of overreacting for the both of us, and I was right. Daddy panic began and phrases like "guarantee my child's safety" "expel that little..." and "plan of action" were thrown around, but Dave felt better (better about the incident....much worse about our educational system in general) after having lunch at the school a few days later.

I'm not trying to make light of a sketchily violent situation on the playground, but Jacob has been hilarious about the whole thing.

Names have been changed for the protection of those whose parents are screwing them up.

The next day, when Jacob came home from school, I met him at the bus stop and asked him how his day was...

"Good! Lamar didn't choke me or ANYTHING!" Well that was good.

The same day Jacob also brought home this assignment, which was beyond funny and a little sad too. Note the last sentence he wrote by himself.

1 comment:

spyderette said...

does that say "i have a little pain"? so funny! and i love the teacher's comments!