Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Boo yah!

It is with shock and a little relief that I realize November is here. Where has the time gone? Halloween is a BUSY week with little ones and I am glad to say we survived all the maddness...and parties. What other time of year do I get to wash the same items seventeen times in one week?

As far as costume occassions go, my family had two school parties, a play group party, a trunk or treat, Dad's work party and, of course, trick or treating. It seems to be a given that if the kids have any item of clothing on for more than 10 minutes, it is going to need to be washed. So that was how I spent much of the holiday, but it is worth all the trouble to see the kids have so much fun.

This is how we partied at our house...

Jacob the VIKING...
A last minute change from "Ghostbuster" which relieved me because I didn't want the judgement that comes with people knowing he has seen that movie.

Eddie the MINJA...OK Ninja but it is so much cuter when he says it.

Saren the Ute Cheerleader...

or the monkey (depending on how cold it is outside).
She was pretty cute chasing her own tail.

David as JULIUS CEASAR... (he bailed on me).
Me the lonely CHILEAN MINER!


When Eddie saw me in my costume before our ward party he said,

"Mom you can't wear THAT!"
"Why?"
"Somebody will see you!"

I hate to tell him, I just don't care anymore. But I was sure to look as girly as possible on Sunday so people could rid their minds of me with a mustache.

Look at all these pumpkins! Our family is growing thanks to Kyle and Camila and Annie...every weekend is a party.

We had fun with the pumpkins, pigging out on yummy food, and trick or treating in the rain. Eddie couldn't stop smiling and kept telling everyone, "It keeps raining on me!" while laughing. And Saren learned how to say "Thank you" just in time for frickin' treating and she was so cute charming all the neighbors with her little voice.

Since Halloween, Saren has eaten an unholy amount of candy! Honestly! I keep thinking I have everything hidden high in the pantry but she brings me a Kit Kat or a Twix from some secret baby stash every ten minutes throughout the day. Saren has this cute little candy dance that kills me. I give in. I don't know how she is functioning on all the glucose. Here is Saren after demolishing the last of the cupcakes (PS: black frosting is an evil confection).

Happy Halloween everybody!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Saren is growing up so quickly. She is looking less like a 'baby' and more like a toddler. Too cute! You all look great in your costumes. Even you, with your lonely mustache.

Ginger said...

I love your posts...I was a little worried about Maya's sugar high too.

Lori said...

Love the costumes! Your kids are beautiful!
And you and Dave.....well....you're you and Dave:) Just kidding! I laughed hard when I saw your costume. Youre hilarious!

Lori said...

Loving the costume Missy. You look even more like Mike when you're dressed as a Chilean miner!

Eddie was embarrassed to be seen with you. Love him! Glad the kids were such polite little frickin' treaters, even in the rain.