Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

I know New Years is over, but let's pretend I have it together, and it's December 26th. Besides, I have to get this posted, to make way for the upcoming birthday blog bonanza.

Christmas was a blur of complete mayhem, fun with family and, thankfully, a few moments of peace and and love for this season mixed in as well. Christmas break was fun and Eddie loved having Jacob around all day!

My kids love the obligatory, new Christmas PJ's picture in front of the tree. It's a tradition in our home.
As long as I don't take too many...

A few days before Santa came, the kids helped me sort out and load up the car with some toys they don't use as much these days for the Children's Justice Center. Jacob kept killing me by referring to it as the "Justice Fun Center" (which is actually a really awesome name). They helped unload everything when we got there, and I hope it helped them appreciate what they have a little bit. Eddie said, "Hey...not my dinosaur shirt....AAwwwww...Ok they can have it." at one point. I wanted it to hurt a little. Jacob doesn't look at all unhappy about giving some toys away.

We had an early Christmas Eve with Grandma and Grandpa Bingham, and the kids were spoiled as usual. I love this shot of Saren's toddler body!
Richard and Beccy were way excited to be in Price.

Saren got into opening presents.

Jacob went bananas.

And Eddie, true to character, hid under the nearest leather jacket.
The boys got some Lego's from Grandma which were a huge hit. Eddie got sick of me taking so long to put his Toy Story set together but he loved when it was complete.

Isn't he so, so CUTE!

Jacob had some Lego anxiety but pushed through it.

Apparently, Richard drank some milk...

And then snapped a photo of his twin sister's arse. OK, Saren's toe in the pocket IS cute and photo worthy, but still, a little weird.

Before bed we read the Christmas Story, and Jacob and Saren acted out a little nativity scene while Eddie hid under the nearest table.

I love being a Mom so much. I have cried lots of times this Christmas out of happiness that Dave and I have these three little sweethearts to share it with. Sorry to end a sentence with a preposition but sometimes it just works.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Apparently you took a photo of Richard drinking some milk.
Are you sure that's not his arse?

Love the nativity picture. Jacob's happy face kills me! Love & miss those 3 little sweeties!

Unknown said...

*ahem* with whom to share it.

Your kids are cute.

Lori said...

You're farther along than I am...still haven't posted about Thanksgiving- not that I'm going to but still!

I love this post! I absolutely love that you gave toys to the justice center and wanted it to "hurt a little!" That was awesome:)