Friday, October 14, 2011

the tiny, imaginary, dental being paid us a visit...


Jacob lost his first tooth!  It hung on by a thread for days before a bread stick finally finished the job.  Jacob was so excited.  I didn't want to yank it out myself, because I remember my Dad PROMISING that he just wanted to feel how loose MY tooth was and that he wasn't going to pull.  But he did...and it hurt and my tooth still didn't come out.  I've always remembered that.  After that I couldn't trust Dad to wiggle my loose teeth ever again.  So Jacob was on his own, as far as I was concerned.


Here he is right after it came out.  He is so proud!  I love that I can still see the breadcrumbs on his face!



After home work and just before bed, Jacob went upstairs to play.  He set his tooth down for five seconds and, of course, Saren found it and threw it down the stairs.  I heard Jacob scream, "No!  My tooth!" but I assured him we would find it on the stairs and not to worry.  After twenty minutes I started to worry.  After an hour, I gave up!  We decided Jacob would have to write the tooth fairy a letter.  Jacob was a little bummed, and I overheard him telling his sister, "You're the meanest girl in my life!".   Here is what Jacob came up with.  The envelope instructions are the best part.


And the letter, concise and to the point..













The tooth fairy came and all was forgiven.

Our Jacob is so handsome and such a sweetheart.  He is a good boy and I love this kid like crazy.  It's hard to believe he is growing up so fast.  I'm going to miss those beautiful, tiny teeth but at least I'll always have his grin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that story about dad because I remember him doing the EXACT SAME THING to me!

And, now I tell that same lie to my sons. Once with Jonah it worked and the tooth came out. The second time it didn't and he was really mad.

Why do I perpetuate parental tropes I hated as a child??
(Did that last sentence make me sound smart?)