Monday, September 8, 2008

i'm back...

As a follow up to my last entry and in the mother of all unhappy, anticlimactic endings...our home sale fell through at the 11th hour, literally. And I wrote that stinking poem and everything! So, sadly, we did move out of our happy, little home only to watch it sit empty whilst we pay RENT. Fortunately and thankfully, we have the hottest (and cheapest) little house in Westwood, and we are now in our 3rd contract and scheduled to close within a month or so. Phew! We were just getting ready to start moving back home. Let's hope this third time is the charm. We are not loving the idea of having a mortgage loan, a construction loan and rent in the same month. At least, for now, my ulcer will have time to heal and Dave can take some time off from his daily nervous break downs. Did I mention we are never going to move again?

It has all been a bit confusing for my kids. A few times a day, although less frequently than a week ago, Jacob will look at me and ask "Mommy, where are we?". I tell him we are at our house in Spring Glen, and he says "Ohhhh!" as if now it makes perfect sense. Eddie is very happy here because there are no child proof cupboards or drawers in the house. And seeing as how I don't really feel at liberty to screw latches into the cabinetry that's not going to change any time soon. Eddie can now easily amuse himself with unlimited access to my makeup and, even more fun, household cleaning supplies.

In other, non house related news, Jacob started preschool at Creekview and he loves it. I love dropping him off for a few hours of guilt free child socializing, cognitive stimulation and school lunch. He has been getting sick of being home anyway. Especially now that we don't have our big back yard with our two dogs to provide endless hours of entertainment, I have really been getting on Jacob's nerves. He has been telling me in his cute little, sweet voice "Mommy, go away!". And I can't even be mad at him because I am bored of myself too. Why is it so hard to feel productive when you are renting a house? I miss my yard work and gardening and lists of repairs and touch up painting and organizing of the garage and most importantly my TV. Did I mention, dish network cannot hook up our TV until September 16th? And we will have lived here for over a month by then! Crazy, is this South America, or the North Pole, or Herriman? I didn't realize how hard it was to get a technician to drive 4 miles outside of Price. I would probably pay the aforementioned technician hundreds of dollars in tips if they could come, say, before Prison Break is on next. Alas, I am forced to watch crappy internet TV but at least I know that Sarah is indeed alive. This ends my long blogging drought. I hope I'll have time to write again soon!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm glad you're back. The house looks fab and I will be excited to see more of it. "Mommy, go away"...that sounds familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before.:) Jacob is a grown-up...look at him! I miss that kid. His hair is pretty amazing!