Tuesday, September 16, 2008

things that made me laugh this week

1. This crazy picture and caption from our local newspaper "The Sun Advocate". Someone please help me figure this out. I kept looking for an accompanying article like, "New research shows animal emotions mirror our own" or "Local cat has a bad day", but nothing! This was just in there to be in there. What the...? Apparently, I could be a newspaper editor, because I could fill 6 inches of empty publishing space with something at least this interesting. To me, this just looks like an ugly cat. Or maybe a fly just flew up it's nose? Maybe it has rabies, or is about to sneeze? I don't know. But I'm sure glad it made the Thursday edition.

2. My new neighbor mowing his lawn with his "riding lawn mower". Look again. Yes, that's right. This was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. You can't tell but he was going mach 60 around the corners, grass blades were flying everywhere and the lawn mower would wheeley and nearly tip over on the turns. Loved it, loved it, loved it.
PS: I know how things work in this small town and I want to preemptively apologize if you are related to or personally know my new neighbor or an editor at the Sun Advocate.

10 comments:

Lori said...

You helped me realize that I really should check The Daily Sentinel for such articles, because I know they are there.

Wow, your neighbor is a genius. I might be tempted to try that one if I had a four-wheeler & also grass.

Rass said...

I want you to know that Erik and I have made a small collection of these Sun Advocate gems. There are a lot of cat pictures in the pile.
Is that guy disabled or just the laziest person I have ever seen?

omyhana said...

Things that made me laugh this week Melissa's blog! You are so dang clever with your words. Come visit I miss the boys (annie's bed is free)

Amanda said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Oh I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!!! I am so proud to live in Carbon County!

Amanda

Beaner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaner said...

Sorry I had to make corrections from my first post. Look at the guys shirt, there are sponsors on the back. Are they sponsoring him moxing his lawn?
Pam Bean

Heaps Crew said...

Corey and I have enjoyed sharing your blog photo (riding mower) with many a friend and neighbor. They all want to know if that is a real photo! Only in Carbon County!

tookiecramer said...

Yes, that is a real photo and I took it myself! I made Jacob stand in the doorway to "look at the cows" while I hid behind him snapping pictures on my front porch. I even got a little video clip as well.

Mrs. Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Spencer said...

That "lawn mowing" pic is so funny! I have an ongoing list of the strange things that I have seen that would only happen in Carbon County...I'm adding that!