Friday, September 26, 2008

true story


Jacob has hit the age of wonder - and by that I mean he is interested in boobies. In the last month, he has asked me on several occassions "Mommy, what those"? After I tell him, he has made one of the following requests...

"Mommy, want to feel them"
"Mommy, want to tickle them"
and
"Mommy, want to see them"

After the last request I told Jacob, "No, buddy you've seen them before"
Jacob "Please" - in his most adorable beggar voice
Me "They are just like Daddy's and yours and Eddie's but they are just bigger on girls"
Jacob "Oh man!"
About an hour later, I was in the shower and I heard the bathroom door open. Then I heard Jacob say "Mommy, it's just me". (I had figured)
He then opened the door to "say hello" and ask what I was doing. Let's just say that during our little chat Jacob didn't make a whole lot of eye contact with me. Time to start locking the bathroom door.
PS: I know I am a horrible mother for sharing this story and that Jacob will temporarily hate me for it one day, I'm OK with that.

4 comments:

Rass said...

Why do you insist on making me laugh so hard? My mom told me a story about a woman with a similar problem. She (not my mom) decided to paint her boobs black with a scary face. The kid never looked again and he is probably gay now.

tookiecramer said...

Thanks Kell. That sounds like good idea. I've always wanted to paint my boobs anyway.

Island mama said...

Just wait until the moment when you realize you've had an audience during a romatic moment with your hubby! Now that's disturbing! Our favorite excuse was, "Oh, Mommy and Daddy are just wrestling." Beware, locked doors don't always do the job!

Melanie said...

Hi Melissa. I'm glad I found your blog. Your last few posts have seriously had me laughing so hard! I love your sense of humor!

You have such a cute family!