Tuesday, September 9, 2008

oh no he didn't...

This Monday, I put Dave in charge of the Family Home Evening Lesson (a little reluctantly) but I shouldn't have been worried. He gave a great little lesson about how we should love and accept everyone no matter what they look like or if they seem different than us. This point was driven home with a stirring movie clip from "Teen Wolf". My children, as expected, were shocked and repulsed when Scott Howard turned into a werewolf in the middle of a high school basketball game. Jacob even plugged his ears which means he was a little scared. But the boys were cheering Michael J. Fox on and chanting "Wolf, Wolf" along with the rest of the kids from Beacon High School by the end of the movie. Jacob asked for "More wolf please" as soon as the lesson was over. It was a wonderful night for our family.

5 comments:

petie said...

Now that is what Familly Home Evening is all about: learning to accept all races, religions. . .species. My question is: Do you actually own Teenwolf? I assume you left out the part in the closet. I want to come to FHE at your house.

tookiecramer said...

Yes, we own the movie - we have a double feature DVD with "Teen Wolf" and "Teen Wolf Too" starring Jason Bateman. And, yes, we didn't show our boys the closet scene.

Heaps Crew said...

Wait....what closet scene? Looks like I'll be going to rent Teenwolf. Especially if I can use it in FHE! Hey, and I am glad that you sold your home AGAIN. No surprise!

Rass said...

Ooooohhhhhh my gosh. I am LAUGHING my head off. I would show this to Erik, but I think he will want to try it next week. I knew I should have bid on that date with Dave. He is funny.

Katy said...

I love this! I own the same double feature DVD set.