Tuesday, November 11, 2008

just bragging

Jacob is my cute little inventor. If he can't find something he is looking for, he just makes whatever he needs out of stuff he finds around the house. Baseball bats and baseballs are the most commonly substituted items (a toy hammer and a balloon...a wooden spoon and a pair of folded socks...once a toothbrush and a piece of a chip he found on the floor). I love seeing him use his imagination.

Yesterday, I couldn't help but take a picture of him using his latest homemade invention - a fishing pole. He climbed into Eddie's crib and began fishing out into "the lake". It was pretty cute. I took a picture of his fishing pole close up so I wouldn't forget how he put it all together. He was so proud to show me what he had made. I was impressed with his engineering skills. I can't think of a better use for a Halloween pencil, a straw from one of Dave's giant refillable mugs, some red rope thingy Jacob said he found in my room, and a plastic cell phone. It's actually quite well made and he could cast it over and over again and it stayed together.




Not to be outdone, Eddie said his first sentance..."Thank you Mom". Even if he doesn't smile much for pictures, he is a polite little genius, and looks a little like a cuter version of Zoolander.


4 comments:

Brandi and Shawn said...

He's quite the engineer. It's amazing what kids will come up with to entertain themselves. So imaginative.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, you have reason to brag! They are freaking adorable! I love the inventions and Eddy could be in magazines he's so adorable!

petie said...

No, seriously. . .how cute is that face?!?!? And that fishing pole is impressive. I can guarantee I couldn't have crafted such a marvel. The best part is that he probably didn't bug you for the whole time he was making it. Leaving mom alone for 5 minutes? . ..priceless.

beccy said...

eddie just gave us blue steel