Saturday, November 1, 2008

good times

This week, Jacob had a bad day of the pukes - 9 pukes, to be exact, including one in which his face literally was stuffed down in between two couch cushions. (Thanks Dave for cleaning that one up). I got next.

During one quick trip with Jacob to the bathroom to wash vomit off his chest and out of my hair, Eddie decided to take off his diaper, dump out a 3 pound bag of shredded cheddar cheese and sit his bare little parts on top of the cheese pile. I returned to the room with my sick but clean little Jacob, to find my healthy but very dirty little Eddie naked and belly button deep in a pile of cheddar! It must have felt nice and cool, I'm not sure, but Eddie was loving it. He was happily eating up handfuls of cheese from around his body and watching "The Backyardigans". Does anyone else ever feel like leaving one child briefly unattended to clean up one mess turns into an even worse one? It was funny but, seriously....Arggghhh!

The worst part of the dilemna was that cheese is so stinking expensive. I couldn't decide if I should try to salvage some on the top of the pile or if it all had to be thrown out. I reluctantly scooped up a few handfuls that looked clean and replaced them in a bag in the fridge. In the end, the "butt cheese" got thrown away the next morning when I had a little better perspective. I just couldn't eat it or make my kids eat it. There's the expression "Who knows where it's been?", but I knew......so it was worth the $8.99 for a clean bag of cheese that hadn't been in contact with toddler swass.

Overall, it was an eventful, tiring, laundrey-filled day but Jacob was feeling good the next morning and none of us had to miss out on any Halloween fun so I consider myself a very lucky mom.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Hysterical story! I think kids are programmed to try something new in the midst of a crisis.

I can't help but wish there was a photo of Eddie in the cheese!

Hope you don't mind me blog stalking you -- it's good to see your family!

Richard said...

Nobody likes swass cheese.

tookiecramer said...

amen to that brotha

Rass said...

I so wish I wouldn't have read this. I think it's odd that you waited till the next day to throw the cheese out.

bids2calvin said...

People that come to your dinner parties are going to be suspicious from now on. Is this butt cheese? Yes, Ava and Eddie should never ever play together. I left her alone with a bowl of ramen once and I came down to a table of ramen glue. She was Pete Rosing it and covered the entire surface of the table. It took me a half hour to scrape it off. She was only alone for a few minutes. Those two together would be diabolical.

tookiecramer said...

Luckily, I'm too lame to ever host dinner parties.

Amanda said...

HA HA HA HA!!! Swass cheese! That is CLASSIC! That definetly deserves "Caps lock" on the "HA HA HA!" Well done. Tell Dave I miss the hab!

Mand

Heaps Crew said...

What a week! That is crazy funny about Eddie. How is the house coming along? One of these days we'll make it to Price and will have to check it out. Tonight at FHE we were talking about what we're grateful for and Will said "Price." Funny that he's the youngest and misses it the most!

Lindsey said...

This is my favorite blog ever, even the comments are funny! Swass cheese?! I am rolling.

Wendy said...

I can always count on your blog to leave me in tears... from laughter of course!