Wednesday, March 18, 2009

regrets


I should have known better than to post about how we had not been to the ER to remedy the effects of Eddie's insane ingestion of mostly food. A short 3 days after my last post, I found myself in the ER holding an injured little Eddie, whose appetite had indirectly caused an injury. His love of Mandarin Oranges (I know...so gross) caused him to stick his little finger in an open can (lid attached) and try to pry out more food. I was three feet away, doing paperwork and didn't notice him crawl over to my side of the countertop for the almost empty can. Needless to say, I wish I could relive that lunchtime disaster and do things differently. He now has a giant bandaged hand which he is trying with all his might to undo, and only nine out of ten fingerprints. Dang you Mandarin Oranges.

2 comments:

Mrs. Spencer said...

I'm so sorry that Eddie got hurt! I hope that his little hand is feeling better...it is amazing how fast kids can get hurt on the strangest things!

Lori said...

Ohhh, so sad! I hope Eddie is doing better. I also hope I get to see him, and the rest of you, soon.