Wednesday, May 4, 2011

the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker...


In an attempt to channel "The Hunger Games" Peeta, Dave is learning to bake bread. Just kidding, he doesn't know who Peeta is but the baker part is not lost on me. Maybe I should buy him a manly stenciling kit?


Normally, my Dave doesn't cook, bake, fry, saute, baste, boil, carve, stir, cut, chop, dice, simmer, sear or do anything that requires a culinary skill set. In the past Dave has occasionally grilled, but kind of badly. Since he got excited about this whole sour dough phenomenon, he has made nine loaves of bread! What is going on? And the sourdough loaves are getting progressively prettier and tastier. It is awesome! I knew there was a reason I looked cooking over baking. He is always surprising me. I was not, however, that he could only slightly hide his annoyance at me taking this photo.

4 comments:

Lynda, the Mom said...

Go Dave!
We are so proud!

Lori said...

Way to go Mert!

missy said...

We gotta come visit to see this with our own eyes. i don't believe it:)

Kamie said...

Come on Dave, be a great home teacher and share your talents :)