Friday, August 20, 2010

to the sea...

I love Jack Johnson. He is an amazing musician, a talented song writer, a likeable treehugger, a Dad, a husband and he seems, from a stalkers point of view, to be a good person. He donates 100% of the profits from touring to charity. And he regularly made fun of on SNL so that makes him somewhat iconic. Oh yeah, and he is hottie.


He is not the best dressed celebrity. But he has some of the best lyrics...
Everybody thinks that everybody knows about everybody else...Nobody knows anything about themselves becuase their all worried about everybody else.

She gives me presents, with her presence alone. She gives me everything I could wish for. She gives me kisses on the lips just for coming home.

Look at all those fancy clothes,But these could keep us warm just like those.And what about your soul? Is it cold?Is it straight from the mold, and ready to be sold?

Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like, why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving. I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together.

And, best of all, Jack Johnson concerts are one that Dave and I can actually agree on. Unlike Christopher Cross and Gwen Stefani. So I can always count on the SLC stop on his tours for a date night. Even if I have two nephews tag along. Austin, ROCKED out, by the way!

1 comment:

Island mama said...

Holy crap-oly! You must've had GREAT seats! We were up on the lawn with all the drunks and pot-heads. Still, Jack was AMAZING!!! Can't wait till next year!